This quick and easy Sri Lankan Carrot Salad aka Carrot Sambal is great for when you fancy something light and refreshing. It’s the perfect addition for barbecues, picnics or when you have friends over for dinner. I love adding leftovers to a wrap or sandwich with a spinach, a big dollop of hummus and sliced beetroot.
For a more traditional Sri Lankan meal serve it up with curries like my Sri Lankan Coconut Lentil Curry and Bitter Gourd Fry. Can never get enough veggies!
Tip: Make up a batch of Carrot Salad and it should keep up to three days in the fridge. You can also leave out the chillies if you don’t fancy a spicy kick.
- 4 carrots, grated
- 25g fresh grated or desiccated coconut
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1-2 green chillies, finely sliced (optional)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients together in a salad bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Serve as a side to any dish of your choice.