We’re having a BBQ with friends tomorrow so in preparation I whipped up this quick and easy Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad. It’s sure to please a crowd as a cold side but it’s also packed with enough flavour to hold it’s own as a summer-time meal. You can even bulk this pasta salad up with grilled mushrooms, shredded chicken or tuna.
The great thing about this dish is you can easily transform it into a warm dinner too. Instead of adding salad veggies; cook chopped onions, courgettes, sweetcorn and mushrooms then add in the sauce and pasta and heat through. It’s what I’ll be doing on colder days!
- 400g fusilli pasta
- 150g sweetcorn
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 200g sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 red finger chillies
- 5 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the pasta according the packet instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In the meantime, blend together the sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- In a bowl toss together the pasta, sauce and remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate and serve chilled.
This recipe makes 4 portions of pasta salad if eating alone as a mea. For a BBQ it can feed up to 8 as a side.