When I’ve had a long day at work I love roasting up these Spicy Mediterranean Roast Vegetables. They’re easy to prep and leave plenty of feet up time while they cook away. They are so yummy – you’ll be tempted to eat them on their own (all in one go, from experience). This dish pairs well with almost anything. I often serve it up with grilled halloumi, fish or on top of a bowl of Sri-Lankan Coconut Lentil Curry.
Spicy Mediterranean Roast Veggies are to be enjoyed all year around. On a cold day this dish is the perfect comfort food, sure to warm you up. However, if you’re lucky enough to have good weather just wrap all the ingredients together in a foil envelope and throw it on a barbeque.
Not a fan of too much spice? Just reduce the amount of cayenne pepper or chilli powder you add and instead up the paprika.
- 500g charlotte potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1 ramiro pepper (sweet pointed pepper)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Chop the charlotte potatoes into 2 or 3 and the onion and yellow pepper into large chunks.
- Cut the aubergine in half, long ways, and then once more. Also cut the courgette and Ramiro peppers in half, long ways. Thinly slice all.
- Remove the leaves off the sprigs of thyme.
- Add the chopped vegetables, thyme, spices, ground black pepper, sea salt, lemon juice and olive oil to a roasting tray.
- Mix well so that the vegetables are evenly coated then roast for 40 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes to ensure the veg cooks evenly and doesn't burn.