Packed full of delicious flavours, this Creamy Coconut Broccoli Soup is the ultimate healthy comfort food. If you’re a fan of thai food, you’ll love this! The combination of ginger, lime leaves and coconut cream adds great depth of flavour.
This Creamy Coconut Broccoli Soup is super easy to make and perfect to double up. To adjust the spiciness of this soup, just reduce (or increase 😛 ) the number of chillies or opt for a milder curry powder.
Love coconut and spice? Check out my Sri Lankan Coconut Lentil Curry or Sri Lankan Coconut Aubergine Curry.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb of ginger, minced
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 250ml coconut cream
- 500ml water, boiled
- 1kg broccoli, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sliced spring onion
- Roasted peanuts
- Crispy onions
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot. Sauté the onion for around 5 minutes until golden. Add the garlic, ginger, chillies and 1/2 tsp of salt. Sauté for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, lime leaves, coconut cream, water and broccoli.
- Bring to the boil then reduce and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Fish out the lime leaves, add salt to taste and blend until smooth.
- Top with your favourite herbs or to add a crunch serve with sliced spring onions, roasted peanuts, fried onions. Enjoy!