So I made these Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies twice. Once with eggs and then once with chia seeds as a vegan recipe. I LOVE baking and always go for eggs but I must admit, hands down the chia seeds made these brownies so much better! They’re moist, gooey and absolutely delicious in my opinion.
I love using Whole Earth Peanut Butter because it’s vegan, contains no added sugar and uses sustainable palm oil. (Not an ad, just my opinion).
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 200ml cold water
- 250g unsalted (vegan) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 180g sugar
- 6 ripe bananas
- 350g self raising flour (use gluten free if needed)
- 50g cocoa
- 3 tbsp coconut cream or milk
- 3 tbsp of peanut butter, heaped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a tray with baking paper or alternatively grease if you’re baking directly into it.
- In a small bowl add the water to the chia seeds. Cover and leave in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl whisk the butter/margarine until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar then 4 of the bananas and chia seed mixture until smooth. Then whisk in the flour, cocoa, coconut cream and peanut butter.
- Spread the batter evenly in to the tray. Slice two of the bananas and evenly spread out over it.
- Bake for 25 minutes then leave to cool on a wire rack or cold surface. Cut in to squares and serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrapped in cling film in the fridge. They’re even better the next day.
Want more dessert inspiration? Check out this Creamy Coconut and Avocado Mousse.